Method for extending the service life of plasma consumables
1. Ensure the correct pressure and flow of the plasma gas. If the air pressure is too high, the life of the electrode will be greatly shortened. If the air pressure is too low, the life of the nozzle will be affected.
2. Use a reasonable cutting distance. When piercing, the initial arcing distance should be twice as long as the normal cutting distance.
3. The thickness of the perforation should be within the allowable range of the plasma system. The cutter cannot be perforated on the steel plate exceeding its working thickness. The usual perforation thickness is 1/2 of the normal cutting thickness.
4. Do not overuse the nozzle, overload the nozzle, and the nozzle will be damaged quickly.
5. Keep the plasma gas dry and clean. The plasma system needs dry and clean plasma gas to work normally. The gas compression system often pollutes the gas, which easily shortens the service life of the wearing parts and causes abnormal damage of the wearing parts.
6. Cutting should start from the edge, starting from the edge as much as possible, without the use of perforation cutting, using the edge as a starting point will extend the life of the consumables.
7. Avoid stretching and expanding the plasma arc. If the plasma arc is only elongated and expanded, it can contact the surface of the workpiece, which will cause abnormal damage to the nozzle.
8. Reduce unnecessary arcing time, try not to start arcing, and the cutter should start running the running program immediately after receiving the arcing success signal, and there should be no pause.
9. Apply a splash-proof chemical coating to the protective cover.
10. Remove the slag from the protective cover.
11. Discharge the remaining gas in the torch after replacing the consumables.
12. Try to keep the torch and consumables clean.
13. Remove oxides from air or oxygen nozzles.
14. Inject the torch with softened water.
15. Check the airflow and coolant daily.
16. Purge the gas line before cutting, pre-flow the gas for a few minutes just before starting work.